Thursday 12 July 2012

Sunset Dolphin Nail Art Tutorial:)

HELLO GUYS!

This post is going to be a nail art tutorial! This is a sunset dolphin tutorial and I re-created this design after seeing it on Youtube:)

You will need;

- Basecoat
- Topcoat
- White nail polish
- Yellow nail polish
- Orange nail polish
- Blue nail polish
- Black nail polish
- Black striper or cocktail sticks
- Cotton buds
- Make-up sponge
- Nail polish remover

Apply a basecoat to protect your natural nails;
I'm using - Barry M Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener 3 in 1 (54 Clear.)

Apply 1 coat of a white nail polish to all of your nails; 
I'm using - Barry M Nail Paint (66 Matt White.)
Applying the white will help to make the other colours pop:)

Next, paint a yellow, orange and blue stripe onto a make-up sponge;
I used - Barry M Nail Paint (307 Lemon Ice Cream.)
Models Own Nail Polish (NP015 Fuzzy Peach.)
Barry M Nail Paint (294 Cyan Blue.)
Sponge the polish onto your nails - this technique will give the perfect gradient:)

One dry, quickly apply a topcoat to all of your nails to help blend the colours and smooth out the texture:) You should end up with this;

Dip a cotton bud into nail polish remover to clean up around the edges:)

Use either a black striper or black polish and some cocktail sticks;

I'm using; Barry M Nail Paint (47 Black.)

I forgot to take pictures while I was painting the dolphin onto my nails.
Here is a video painting a dolphin onto paper to show you the technique of how to do it onto your nails:)

Check out the video which also includes the technique for the dolphins:)
Apply a topcoat to the nails you painted dolphins on to protect your design:)


The finished look^^ :D
I hope you liked this tutorial!:)
Thanks for reading!
Molly
xxx
Share:

4 comments

  1. this is gorgeous! been meaning to do the sponge trick for a while, apparently it works great with ombring nails like just two solid colours as well?
    could never do the dolphins or anything though, nowhere near artistic enough, haha!

    Liv xo
    http://livflorence.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks:) im hoping to do an animal ombre look soon as I saw it earlier on twitter:) i was so scared to do the dolphins but luckily it was okayy:D

      Delete
  2. That is so cute x
    Check out my blog and see some of my deigns e.g angry birds ❤
    http://littlesugarcube98.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie:) I will check out your blog:)

      Delete

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig