Friday 27 July 2012

Friday Favourites - Make-up Setters/Powders

HELLO GUYS!

Firstly, if you read my post yesterday, I promised that I would write a review later in the day but my internet broke so I couldn't write anything. I will upload a review either today or tomorrow:)

Anyway! It's Fridayyyyy! I'm back with another Friday Favourites!
I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this week's Friday favourites but then I decided to do make-up setters and powders:)


I have 5 products to include in this post. Four setting powders and the fifth is a setting spray:)
Four out of the five of these products are by e.l.f. Cosmetics and one is by 17.


This is the 17 Pressed Powder - Neutral.
I have been using this product a lot recently and it is really good!
For a cheap, drugstore product this is amazing quality.
You get a very nice and natural finish with this powder and when swatched it is very smooth.
It has a very sheer but natural shade to it and offers a tiny bit of coverage aswell as lasting for a full day.
This also comes with a sponge and there is a mirror in the compact.
This retails for £3.99 for 10g from Boots stores and is available in 3 shades. You can also purchase a shine control version of this powder.

Next are the e.l.f. products:)

This is the e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder. This was one of the first products I ordered from e.l.f. I ordered this product in January this year.
This has quite a bulky packaging but looks quite posh. As this is quite big, it wouldn't be the best product to take with you for touch-ups.
This comes with a powder puff which I sometimes use and then blend it in with a stipple brush.
This also has a sifter for you to get the product but not a massive amount of it. It is a fine white powder but when transfered and blended into the face it is translucent.
This isn't as natural as the 17 powder and doesn't give any coverage but does give a very nice look:)
This retails for £6 for 8g and is now also available in shimmer and corrective yellow.


This is the e.l.f. Studio Complexion Perfection. This is a powder designed to even out your skintone using for different shades; pink, yellow, blue and green. However, when blended together, they create a white and translucent powder.
The shades are very sheer when swatched, especially the pink so I wrote which colours they are on the swatches:)
I use the yellow and pink to set concealer when I don't use my e.l.f. eye brightener.
This is a great product and really does work to even-out your skintone and set your make-up but if you have an area you want to even-out, you might find it best to use the colours separately.
I think this is a really great product but you may have to touch up during the day.
The size of the compact is great for travelling and comes with a very reasonable sized mirror.
This retails for £3.75 for 13.5g.


This is the e.l.f. Mineral Booster - Sheer. This is a very raved about product from e.l.f. especially from their mineral line.
I use this with my e.l.f. kabuki brush and lighting blend it over the face which gives a very natural look.
When swatched, this has a slight tint but looks very sheer when blended into the skin.
This sets make-up really well and looks really nice. You only need a light amound to cover the skin but again it might be a little big to take with you for touch-ups during the day.
This also has a sifter but it doesn't have a puff. When moving this product around, some of the powder does collect in the lid but you can still use that powder to set your make-up:)
This retails for £7.00 for 17.8g which is great value but you can buy a small pot for £5 which contains 5.1g.

Finally is the setting spray!

This is the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set. This is an overall make-up setting spray.
You can use this just to set your face make-up or all of your make-up.
I personally use this after I have applied my face and eye products but before I applied my lip products:)
This really does make-up a difference to the length of time that my make-up stays on.
I used this a few days ago when it was about 30 degrees and where my make-up usually disappears during the day, it stayed the same as when I originally applied it!
This retails for £3.75 for 59g which is amazing value and also an amazing product!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this week's Friday favourites:)
I would really appreciate it if you left a comment below:)
Share:

4 comments

  1. I love using E.L.F products! YOu have a lovely blog and I am following you now. Check out my blog and follow back if you like it.
    cutenquirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouu Lyndsey:D ill check out your blog:)

      Delete
  2. I love all of the ELF setting products! Although I do have yet to try the setting spray - one of the next things on my wishlist! I was wondering how it extended the life of my makeup, which is something I'll need with school coming up soon.

    I found you on the BBU Blog Hop and completely fell in love with your blog!

    lajoliefolie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it definitely makes a difference! ive tried it over different powders and without my makeup disappears on some parts of my face but with it stayed all day in about 30degrees heat!:D

      thankyouu i really appreciate it! its comments like that, that inspire me to write more posts:) xx

      Delete

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig