Friday 6 July 2012

Friday Favourites and Friday Hater - Concealers

Hello guys!
I'm sorry I have had to post this late but my internet broke and I couldn't upload it until now.
It's Fridaay! I'm back with my second Friday Favourites post and today it is going to be about concealers. I have five concealers I am going to talk about, four are favourites and one is a hater.



On the left are the products - (at the top) Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer (51)
Left to rightMaybelline Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer (Unsure what shade sorry)
- e.l.f. Studio Concealer (Ivory)
- Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer (02 Natural)
- Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer (001 Ivory)

Swatches on the right;
Top to bottom; - Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer (02 Natural)
- Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer (001 Ivory)
- e.l.f. Studio Concealer (Ivory)
- Maybelline Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer (Unsure what shade sorry)
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer (51)

First is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer (51.)
This is my newest concealer and I love it! I'd say it gives medium to full coverage.
This works well with the Healthy Mix Foundation, especially with the colour choices.
Lasts a very long time, roughly 10-14 hours which is really good!
Liquid concealer, very easy to blend and would work on all skin types. Although this may not work for very oily skin.

Next, Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer (02 Natural.)

This is actually a discontinued product but you can still purchase it on some websites. I purchased this is Amazon.co.uk.
I'd say it has medium coverage but is builable if needed.
Lasts a long time but can depend on your skin type and the weather.
I don't think this will work on very oily skin,
Liquid concealer, easy to blend, would be great for dry skin as it is very creamy, although I am unsure whether it will make very dry areas obvious.

Thirdly I have the, Maybelline Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer (Unsure what shade sorry.)
This is a highlighting concealer so it would probably be best for under-eye circles.
Highlighter and a concealer in one.
This can be used to cover small blemishes and can be applied to areas that you want to highlight.
This has medium coverage.
Liquid concealer, easy to blend. Not very mainy shades so hard to choose the correct shade.
This would most likely work on all skin types.
This lasts roughly 6-8 hours which is good but lasts longer set with a powder.

Last of the favourite concealers is, Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer (001 Ivory.)
I'd say this also has medium coverage on blemishes but on under-eye circles this has light coverage.
Creamy, can be easy to blend depending on your skin type.
 I haven't tried this on dry skin but I think a liquid concealer would be better if you have dry skin.
I didn't repurchase this but it would probably be best for more oily skin types.

Now for the hater!
The hater is the, e.l.f. Studio Concealer (Ivory.)
I really don't like this concealer! This is probably the biggest disappointed I have had for a concealer.
You would think from the name "Ivory" that this would have a yellow undertone but it has a really pink undertone. It actually also looks a little orange.
I'd say this has a light coverage but I experienced between no coverage and light coverage.
Swatches and applies streaky.
Doesn't blend.
Really dry, not creamy.
Doesn't cover dark circles because it really doesn't blend.
I haven't tested this on other skin types or for a full day.
I really don't recommend this concealer!

That's it for my Friday favourites:)
I hope you liked it and if you would like to, leave a comment below if you have a request for the favourites next week:)

Thanks for reading!

Molly:)
xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig