Sunday 19 August 2012

Review | e.l.f. Studio Translucent Matifying Powder

Hello m'lovelies!
So today I have a review for you and it is for the e.l.f. Studio Translucent Matifying Powder.
I purchased this as I really wanted to try it out and because I needed a powder to last and keep me shine free all day (especially in this heat!)
This is a translucent powder that is meant to be suitable for all skintones but personally I think this will work better for lighter skintones.

Packaging
The packaging for this product is quite nice!
Not too small for the product to be damaged and also not to big for it to move around too much.
Information on the back.
Picture of the product on the front.
I think they have definitely included all of the information you could need about this product on the outside packaging.

Claims

1. "Achieve flawless skin that's smoother, redefined and shine free."
This definitely makes your skin smoother and shine free!
If by redefined they mean flawless then yes!
Claim 1 - AGREE!

2. "Sets makeup to last longer."
Yes!
On a normal day, my makeup will visibly be disappearing from my skin that I will have to re-powder my face.
With this, I can last 12 hours (yes I wear makeup for too long!) without having to re-powder or in general to check how shiney my face is!
Claim 2 - AGREE!

3. "Mattes skin to diminish oil and shine."
Yes yes yes!!
As I just mentioned, this definitely keeps me oil and shine free throughout the day!
Even on a hot day, I still don't feel the need to re-apply the powder.
Claim 3 - AGREE!

Texture


 The texture of the powder is very smooth and silky.
It feels very nice when I apply it onto my face.

 Compact

I really love the design of the compact!
It looks more expensive than it was and there is a very good-sized mirror especially if you need to apply your powder on the go.
The only problem is the size of the sponge! The sponge is the same size as the powder but at least you get an opportunity to use the sponge if you would like:)

 Powder
The powder seems like some sort miracle worker!
It sets my makeup wonderfully, airbrushed and absolutely flawless.
This does provide a little coverage too.
A little goes a very long way with this powder and I think it will last a very long time:)
I will definitely repurchase this powder when I run out!

This retails at £3.75 for 3.8g of product.
 I hope this was helpful for you and if there is anything else you want to know about this powder, be welcome to ask!

*Disclaimer - I purchased this with my own money and I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own.*

Thanks for reading:)
Share:

14 comments

  1. I just bought this about an hour ago, havent tried it yet but after seeing this great review Im excited to give it a go:)

    Sara xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks really good! i havent pushed myself to but elf yet beacause id have to get it online and the postage! but i really want to try some of them after reading your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should try out elf products! they are such great quality:) xx

      Delete
  3. Oooh this looks great!!

    i lvoed their HD powder but its a bit of a faff to carry about as its a loose powder so this sounds so much better for on the go :)

    Great post and so helpful :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyouu! glad you found this helpful!:) xx

      Delete
  4. sounds like an absolute bargain...may have to bag one of these
    Found you via the Blog Love Therapy blog hop
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review :) found your blog through the BBU blog hop :)

    emilyannbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyouu Emily! I hope you found it helpful:) xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great product, will have to add this to my elf basket if I make an oder :)

    Found you through the blog hop -

    Www.betterwithbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool review. I gotta some of that next time I shop at E.L.F..
    Thanks for the visit and comment over my Blog. I actually haven't use my powder brush for liquid foundation yet, I'm too afraid of damaging it lol.
    xoxo
    Karen
    http://shinigami-u-openingmymind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig