Tuesday 8 April 2014

Estée Lauder 'Raisins' Palette

ESTÉÉ LAUDER EYESHADOW DUO 'RAISINS' £23

I'm not a beauty blogger who is obsessed with high end makeup and skincare brands and never goes to highstreet stores. I just can't justify constantly spending so much money on a single item although I do still have my highend wishlist with products I am constantly researching. This palette is one of the products that I had been looking at online for a while. After hearing that the duo palettes were to be discontinued by Estée Lauder, I knew I had to find it and to my luck grabbed the last one in John Lewis! Although it is a discontinued product, I have found one cheap drugstore dupe online and a dupe by Estée Lauder themselves which I will link at the end of this post.


The true shades don't show up well on camera at all and even after editing the images, the darker shade still appeared much more brown than when on the eyes or looked at in person. The palette consists of a light gold shimmery shade with peach undertones running through it and has been my 'go-to' everyday eyeshadow for a natural makeup look. The darker shade is a dark plum/purple shade which has brown undertones with some subtle shimmer. I have green eyes so this palette has the perfect shades to bring out my eye colour as well as complementing my skin tone.


They are well pigmented shadows and you get what you are paying for; they are not too over-pigmented which makes it impossible to blend or work with at all but they aren't so un-pigmented that you can't see them on your eyes. With the right eyeshadow primer they will stay in place all day so no worrying about them creasing! They are both really easy to work with and are absolutely effortless to blend together to create the look that you want; a little past natural or paired with some eyeliner for a night out! If you're really disappointed that you can't get your hands on this gem of a product anymore then I would recommend that you look into the No7 Eyeshadow Duo in 'Iridescent Purple' and the Estée Lauder Eyeshadow Trio in 'Sterling Plums' :)

Did you manage to get your hands on this before it was discontinued?
What is your 'go-to' eyeshadow duo?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig