Friday 1 September 2017

It's Okay To Take A Break


Anyone who's been reading my blog for a while now will know that me and my blog seem to have a very on-off relationship (if only I had a pound for every time I've said that). My last post was at the end of May and it honestly doesn't seem like it was 3 months ago. Life went very hectic very quickly and I couldn't find any time to sit down to even think about any blog posts let alone take photos for my blog or Instagram.

As someone who really doesn't like the heat, I spent the few weeks of summery weather that we did have, feeling ill and really appreciating the air con at work. Unfortunately in the UK, if we are lucky enough to get any summery weather, it doesn't last long enough for me to get climatized to it. It was my 21st birthday in June during the hottest days of the year and for multiple reasons including the heat, it wasn't anywhere near the 21st I had planned.

Oh July, the month where work makes my life go crazy. Summer sales in retail can be quite intense; weeks of planning, shopfloor prep the night before which doesn't always go to plan (as an anxious person, that's a part I always hope doesn't happen). Then there's the 5am start on the sale day and all you want is the shop to go back to normal. All I want to do around the sale is come home, watch Netflix and eat chocolate - as much as I love my blog, it was my last thought.


The longer I leave my blog, sadly the more motivation I lose but the more I miss it. To start with, the sun disappeared meaning I had no lighting for photos then I couldn't think of any post ideas and I became so bored of my template that I just completely lost my love of blogging. I was still reading other people's blog posts and looking through Instagram feeds but started feeling really low about my own that I just had no idea what to do. I tried my best to think of post ideas to get back into that blogging mindset and I've kept both my wishlist and shop pages up to date for you. Although I wasn't able to get any current content ready, I have been working on one post for the future which is very personal for me meaning it has been very difficult to write. I had become so focused on trying to get that post perfect even though I knew I wouldn't be uploading it until I'm 100% ready that I just ignored the drafts that I had waiting for me. Eventually, I decided to take a break altogether. I left that post alone after starting it again from scratch for the third time, I left Instagram for a while and I completely pushed my blog to the side.

I have really missed blogging over the last few months and now I've got a week off work, I'm ready to try and create some new content for you! New template and new posts. What do you do when life gets in the way of your blog?


Bye for now xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig