Thursday 14 September 2017

My Holy Grail Foundation | NARS Sheer Glow


Considering the fact I've been using this foundation for the past 3 years, I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. It's no secret that I like my high end makeup products and NARS was one of the first high end brands I bought anything from. Their Sheer Glow Foundation was the second product of theirs that I tried and in all honesty, the first time I used it I was quite disappointed.

To start with I was matched to the wrong shade which was actually 2 shades too dark, and I was so comfortable with my current foundation that I didn't think I could get used to a new formula. But does anyone actually feel comfortable with just hiding a £30+ foundation at the back of their makeup drawer and never using it again? I tried using it mixed with other foundations, over different moisturisers, before or after concealer and with different brushes and eventually I fell in love with it. Fast forward 3 years and I'm still using and loving it everyday.

The NARS website says;

"A glowing, natural finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smooth. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture. For normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types."

Unlike the name 'sheer glow' and what the description says, I don't find this to be a sheer coverage, yes it is buildable but it is much closer to a medium coverage foundation. Sheer glow also isn't particularity glowy, it's definitely not matte but also it's not a dewy finish, it's more of a happy medium. Okay, I'm not one to believe that foundation can do wonders for your skin because it's makeup not skincare, so I wouldn't say that this has improved the brightness or texture of my skin. However, I would say that it has a very hydrating texture. Surely any foundation that isn't hydrating will suck all the moisture out of your skin and make it feel more like a desert right?


NARS Sheer Glow has a creamy texture which is very hydrating and lightweight and it doesn't make my skin feel like it's suffocating underneath a layer or 2 of foundation. It's recommended for normal-dry skin types but as someone with combination skin, I still love it and with the right powder it will last you all day; a primer will help even further with any oiliness. I'm typing this having had it on my skin for 11 hours and yes my skin is a little shiny but it hasn't worn off at all. I have noticed that if I've been a bit lazy with my skincare and my skin isn't as smooth as normal before applying this, it does show up the drier areas and can start to look a little cakey.

I know there are a lot of bloggers who hate the bottle of NARS Sheer Glow because it doesn't have a pump and if you want one you need to buy it separately. The first time I bought Sheer Glow I did buy a pump but it didn't reach all of the product so the closer I got to finishing the bottle, I ended up getting more product from pouring it out anyway.

It's not the cheapest foundation at £33 but a little goes a long way so in my books, it's worth every penny. What is your holy grail foundation?

Bye for now xxx

Shop the post

Share:

1 comment

  1. Honestly I dont reach for this foundation because it doesn't have a pump but seeing how the pump is only £3, I should definitely invest in one. I do like the foundation and how my skin looks. Great review

    ReplyDelete

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig