Tuesday 20 January 2015

Beauty Favourites Of 2014


Very rarely do I post on here two days on the trot but seeing as I'm the last blogger to upload this, I thought I would let you all know about my beauty favourites throughout 2014. If you missed my post yesterday, you can take a look at that here.

I know everybody says this each year but seriously where did 2014 go?! Feels like one minute it was New Year's Day, the next it was Christmas!

I was originally only going to do 14 favourites from 2014 but after narrowing them all down I then found more products that I wanted to mention!

MAKEUP


NARS 'Isolde' Duo | Maybelline 'On and On Bronze' | Estée Lauder 'Pink Sand' | Tanya Burr 'Chic'

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer LINK
I really don't need to say much about this from the countless times I've mentioned it before! This seriously is the best concealer I've used. This is the only concealer I will buy whilst shopping but I really want to try a couple of high-end options. If you know of anything you think I would like, please let me know in the comments!

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation LINK
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation LINK
The NARS foundation is definitely one of my favourites and need to get myself a new bottle soon ! It blends and covers really well with a medium coverage, not sheer at all, stays all day and has a really natural glow to it. It also feels really lightweight on the skin, this bottle lasted me months so is definitely worth the money! Before and after I got this foundation I was using the Rimmel Match Perfection which is one of the best you can find on the highstreet. It also has a medium coverage although it can start to wear off by the end of the day but for £6.99 it's very good!

NARS Pro-Prime Eyeshadow Base LINK
NARS is quickly becoming a favourite brand for me and this has definitely helped my eyeshadow to stay in place all day rather than it disappearing before I got home. It has a very smooth texture and it is white in the tube but clear once it's blended so doesn't change the colour of your eyeshadow.

NARS Eyeshadow Duo 'Isolde' LINK
Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo 'On and On Bronze' LINK
You have probably seen this mentioned a lot as well. These products together have been my go-to eye-shadow look for months now. The darker shade in the duo on top of the cream shadow creates a really nice smokey look. Separately, these are also really nice; all 3 shades are different to anything I had seen before, really pigmented and blend very easily.

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara LINK
I had wanted to try this mascara for a while and repurchased it at least once afterwards. Maybelline haven't disappointed me with the last mascara I tried from them. It is both volumising and lengthing on the lashes and I really liked the natural bristles brush as previously I had only ever used plastic brushes.

Estée Lauder Signature Lipstick 'Pink Sand' LINK
Tanya Burr Lipgloss 'Chic' LINK
When I've been using the eyeshadows I just mentioned, these have been my go-to lip products for a while throughout 2014. I have either used the lipgloss on its own or on top of the lipstick to enhance the colour. The Tanya Burr lipglosses are incredible and don't have the horrible sticky feeling you get with other ones in Boots/Superdrug. Together these have been the perfect nude lip.

Zoeva Rose Gold Makeup Brushes* LINK
Now, do I really need to say much about these? Everyone's mum, great aunt and puppy has either heard about or used these! I got this set for my 18th birthday last year and I haven't reached for my other brushes since. The quality is incredible and my makeup applies and blends out perfectly from using these brushes. The rose gold makes them look a lot more expensive and will definitely get hold of the new rose gold eye set.!

SKINCARE/BODY


Garnier Micellar Water LINK
I have repurchased this once maybe twice now and as much as I previously loved the Taaj version, this has definitely become my favourite. It removes my eye makeup really quickly and easily and doesn't sting my eyes at all.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash LINK
LUSH Tea Tree Toner LINK
Tea tree is definitely become one of my favourite ingredients in skincare products. Using both of these together really helped to clear my skin although I have been really lazy with my skincare lately (woops) and the toner is definitely the best one I have used.

Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Moisture Cream SPF30 LINK
Nivea Soft LINK
These have been my go to moisturisers for a while now although I definitely want to try some more expensive ones. I mix them both together as a base for my makeup and then the Nivea one alone at night. They are both very moisturising although the Simple one is a little thicker and I've never seen a moisturiser with such a high SPF before!

Nuxe Reve De Miel* LINK
This has been an on and on favourite for me after getting it for my birthday as I kept forgetting to use it. It is very moisturising and you need such a small amount there isn't much of a dent in the top yet! This is definitely a night lip balm or on its own during the day as it's a little too much to wear underneath a lipstick.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash* LINK
The Body Shop Papaya Shower Gel LINK
I absolutely love the scent of both of these. Sugar Crush is a lot more citrusy and refreshing while the Papaya is a lot more fruity and softening. Both are excellent, very moisturising and lather up quickly.

Laura Mercier Body Soufflê - Fresh Fig LINK
This has been my go to body lotion for about a year now. I can be quite lazy with body lotions but whenever I do use them, this is the one I will pick up without thinking about it. It has quite a relaxing scent and little definitely goes a long way.

HAIR


TIGI S-Factor Smoothing Lusterizer LINK
I got this about 2 years ago now and am only just starting to run out. I have mentioned it mutiple times on my blog and is definitely a staple in my haircare routine. There are tiny glitter particles inside so it makes your hair look a lot less dull. It is known as a 'defrizzer and tamer' and it really does that! If I ever don't use this, my hair is a lot more frizzy, looks a lot more dull and isn't anyone near as moisturiser or soft than it is when I have used it.

Toni & Guy Heat Protection Mist LINK
I don't think I have used a heat protectant that has impressed me so much that I wanted to repurchase it until this one. I don't know what it is about it but I feel like my hair has been a lot softer after drying and straightening it since I have been using this.

Garnier Ultimate Blends The Sleek Restorer Shampoo and Conditioner LINK LINK
For a highstreet and relatively cheap shampoo and conditioner, these are some of the best I have used. I like that they have different products for different hair types meaning you get the treatment you need. They leave my hair feeling so soft after I have used them as they are incredibly moisturising.

What products were your beauty favourites throughout 2014? 
Have you tried any of the products I mentioned?
Is there anything you think I should try out this year?

Share:

2 comments

  1. I really want to try some Zoeva brushes as they are so pretty, and i've heard such good things! Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't reach for any of my other brushes anymore, they are definitely worth the investment :)

      Delete

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig