Tuesday 6 May 2014

April Favourites


You may have noticed that I didn't do a favourites post for March and it was simply for the fact that I didn't have enough products to write about. I also haven't uploaded the lookbook and hair tutorial posts that I mentioned in my last post, I'm quite busy at the moment with college and my friend who I asked to take the photos is coming up to her A2 exams so I don't want to make her take time away from revising to just take some photos. Anyway here are my favourites :)

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara - Black Drama LINK
I started using this at the end of March after I had been scraping out what was left in my mini EsteƩ Lauder mascara. I had never really been too interested in trying this but when Tanya Burr is always using it in her tutorials I caved. It is a really good mascara, lengths and volumises but I wouldn't say it lives up to the Benefit They're Real which I had a mini of in a magazine last year. Nevertheless, perfect for someone on a budget.

Rimmel Mono Blush - Santa Rose and Mii Blush - Kissed LINK LINK
These have both been my 'go to' blushes for this time of year. Really natural but both give a nice flush of colour to the cheeks. The Mii blush is slightly more high-end than the Rimmel blush price wise but are both blushes that I would repurchase.

Blank Canvas Cosmetics Brushes - E26 LINK
This is a much cheaper dupe for the MAC 217 brush which trust me I still have my eyes on and will eventually buy. For now however, this blends eyeshadow into the crease of the eye really well. I do find however that it doesn't always dry back into the same shape as when I first purchased it and bristles stick out in different directions. Excellent budget choice but reading reviews, I personally don't think it works out to be as good as the 217.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water LINK
Bloggers seemed to go crazy when L'Oreal released their version of the Bioderma Micellar Water but I always felt like it left a sticky residue on my skin even if I was only using it to remove my eye makeup. In the amount of time that I have had the Garnier version, I haven't yet used half the bottle and I definitely prefer it to the L'Oreal one but compared to the Taaj Micellar Water I loved, I'm not so sure if this beats it. The Garnier Water is also much better value, double the amount as L'Oreal at the same price and you need less product to remove your makeup.

Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean Deep Purifying Cleanser LINK
This is a product that definitely lives up to its claims and I'm happy I finally decided to give it a go. It removes my makeup really well whilst also cleansing my skin. I have found that it leaves my skin feeling so soft that on many occasions I have almost forgotten to apply my moisturiser..woops.

Percy & Reed Wonder Balm LINK
To receive a full size product worth £18 in a magazine is pretty rare. Percy & Reed has been added, removed and again added to my list of brands to try out but I never knew what to start with or heard enough people raving about something so much. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to give the brand a go so I picked up ELLE magazine. It is a really nice balm which seems as though it acts as a primer for your hair before you apply any other products to keep them in place. The Wonder Balm really helps to keep my TIGI Smoothing Lusterizer on my hair for much longer than normal seeing as all the very small glitter particles end on my hands when doing anything to my hair. However, I'm not sure whether or not I will venture into the brand any further.

Russell Howard Wonderbox Tour TICKETS
I have been a fan of Russell Howard for years now and loved his Good News programme and finally was able to see one of his shows whilst on tour. Wasn't a disappointment at all, we had an incredible view and it was overall a hilarious night. If you are a fan of Russell Howard, definitely think about going to one of his tour shows!

Let me know what you've been loving, if you have used any of these products or went to the Russell Howard tour!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig