Friday 17 January 2014

2013 Flashback



It looks like everyone online has been saying that 2013 was one of the best years of their life and for all you guys, I hope yours was too although mine was the complete opposite. Although it sounds quite depressing and a bit cheesy to say but honestly, 2013 was one of the worst years of my life for so many different reasons with a few good things thrown in now and then.

I started 2013 half way through my AS Levels but not much later into the year, my Nan passed away from Cancer which to everyone was a massive shock to the system after originally improving a few hours before. I was very close with my Nan so luckily I had a lot of support from all my friends to help me and we said our final goodbyes early February. I took the rest of my AS Level exams however, after loosing my Nan and the stress from the beginning of 2013, my results in August meant I wasn't able to continue my A Levels meaning I had to find a whole new path in life. I didn't know what I wanted to do after sixth form anyway but I decided to go on a Beauty Therapy course at college, although leaving all my friends and the school I knew so well was very daunting for me. I started my Beauty Therapy course in September and I am really enjoying  it and as much as I would have liked to finish my A Levels, I am really happy I chose to take this course. I got to visit my Great Nan last year a few months after she moved into a care home which was really nice and she seems to get better by the second! Last year I had to have some physio on my neck and back as in a nutshell, part of my neck popped out of place, created a knot in the muscle across my shoulder and back and was restricting movement in my neck. Anyway it's back in place now haha :)

In July I was able to go with some of my friends to Wembley Stadium to watch some of the live second stage auditions for The X Factor. This was such an amazing experience and definitely one of my few highlights from last year! I met so many new people last year, some of which I am still in contact with and hope to be for a while. Being in Year 12 surprisingly seems like you have so much more independence and last year, I was finally able to start my driving lessons. My blog also turned one last year which meant I tried to continue with posting as much as possible which at times wasn't easy. In September I got given some of the most amazing work experience I could have asked for. My mum was able to get some work experience for me with the make up artist on The One Show. I watched a run through of a bridal make up look and hair styling and then the same for both the presenters and guests for the day. I met Alex Jones, Matt Baker (I watched him on TV since I could remember!) and Adrian Lester from The Day After Tomorrow which is a film I absolutely loved. I had such an amazing day!

Finally I managed to get a job which I actually really like and it has helped to boost my confidence so much! In October, my mum fell ill and all I will say is that I almost lost her too. Luckily she is still here and back to her healthy, happy self :) I don't know what 2013 would've been like to say goodbye to both my Nan and my Mum! I had a really good Christmas with my family and spent my New Years Eve at a family friend's wedding reception and it was so nice to see her again!

There it is, the main events of my 2013 summed up in a small blog post for all of you!

I hope you all had a good 2013 and have a good 2014 as well.
Goodbye 2013 and hello 2014.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig