Tuesday 3 March 2015

February Favourites


It's scary how fast this year is already going but finally we're starting get some spring sunshine and welcome those pastel shades into our beauty routines! First it's that time again for me to run through my favourite items throughout February. I like to keep it quite mixed from beauty and fashion to food and drink.

BEAUTY

Top to Bottom; NARS Deep Throat // MAC Crème Cup // MAC Patisserie

NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette 'Deep Throat' Blush LINK LINK
I have been trying to get hold of this palette for months and so far have only tried the blush in the top right square which is 'Deep Throat'. It is a pink shade with a peach undertone with some shimmer running through it, it makes your skin look very healthy and gives just the right amount of colour to your cheeks with excellent pigmentation.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara LINK
Unless you've been living under a rock for the last month or so, I'm pretty sure you would have heard about this mascara by now. Every blogger went crazy for it once a sample was released in ELLE magazine. This mascara honestly is amazing, it separates your lashes really well, they're lengthened immediately and it doesn't smudge or flake off throughout the day.

Mac Lipstick - Patisserie* and Crème Cup LINK
I mentioned Patisserie last month in my January favourites and it has still been my go-to lipstick throughout February. When I haven't been using Patisserie, I have been reaching for MAC's Crème Cup which is a new addition to my collection and it is also a nude shade but has pink under-tone whereas Patisserie is a little more brown-toned. They both apply really well and are very moisturising on the lips.

L'Oreal Nail Polish - Nouvelle Vague LINK BLOG POST 1 BLOG POST 2
I mentioned this nail polish multiple times last year and it was definitely a go-to shade throughout spring and summer and have been waiting patiently to wear it again. I'm not allowed nail polish at college so as soon as half term started this was the colour I immediately reached for to paint my nails. You only need 2 coats, it lasts for a very long time without chipping and is a very flattering colour on my skin tone.

Soap & Glory Off Your Face Makeup Wipes* LINK
All makeup wipes seem to have some flaws to them but I really did like these throughout the last month or so. They are quite thin you have to fold it in order to take your makeup off and like with every makeup wipes, the top few did lack in moisture. However, they took my makeup off really well, they smell very nice and my skin didn't seem to hate them!

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm* LINK BLOG POST 1 BLOG POST 2
I've had this for a while now but never used it regularly enough to be able to say whether or not I actually liked it. At the beginning of February I decided to try it out properly and applied it every evening after my moisturiser. This lip balm really did save my lips and get rid of the dryness, you only need a tiny amount and it smells really nice!

FASHION, TV AND MORE


Topshop Black Watch Scarf LINK
I was looking for a new scarf as the only one I had was quite bold and I wanted something a little more subtle but not completely plain. After seeing this in store, it was a winner for me straight away! It goes with everything, it is very long so you're not going to get cold and is very very soft. This has definitely been a fashion accessory staple for me recently!

Girl Online - Zoe Sugg LINK
I didn't get this too long after it was released and read it every other day or so and got roughly half way through. I left it for a while and a couple of weeks ago I decided to carry on reading it. I got completely hooked one morning and ending up reading the last 200 pages! I am a little out of the target audience age but still really enjoyed it, please read this if you haven't already or if you're not much of a reader, I think you can think to it on audible.com.

Death in Paradise LINK LINK
I have been a fan of this for a while now and really enjoyed the most recent series which has just finished. It is completely different to any typical crime/detective programmes like CSI or Silent Witness. It is based in the Caribbean and there are always guest stars that you will most likely recognise. The storylines are quite unusual and it definitely keeps you guessing throughout the entire episode!

Maltesers LINK
Juicy Water Oranges and Lemons LINK
This is quite a random favourite as I am aware that Maltesers have been out for a very long time now but I seemed to be a little very addicted to these throughout February! I have also been a little obsessed with the orange and lemon juicy water, it is the perfect spring drink and they have different flavours to the typical ones you find everywhere.

What have you been loving throughout February? Have you tried anything I have mentioned? Have you read Zoe's book yet?



Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram
Share:

2 comments

  1. Lovely post! I love those soap and glory wipes they smell so good! Those lipsticks are so pretty x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig