Tuesday 14 May 2013

Taaj Micellar Water Makeup Remover | Review


Micellar waters started to become both more popular and more well-know in the beauty world throughout last year. More people started purchasing different ones and more brands started to release them. Most of which were from French skincare brands which are hard to get hold of outside of France and particularly in the UK.

I had seen the Taaj Micellar Cleansing Water multiples times throughout the last few months of 2012 after people said they had received a small sample in of it in one of Glossybox's monthly subscription boxes. I also saw this mentioned multiple times on YouTube, mainly on Zoe Sugg's channel (Zoella280390) when she had included it in many of her videos. I had never heard of Taaj as a brand before and was interested in researching the brand as well as what other products they sold.
Bioderma was another micellar water which I had seen all over the blogosphere and over YouTube. This is supposedly very popular and used by a number of make up artists. Bioderma is also one of the most reviewed and raved about beauty and skincare products online - both blogs and YouTube.

I jumped on the 'micellar bandwagon' and as Bioderma is much more expensive and harder to get hold of in the UK, I asked for the Taaj Micellar Cleansing Water for Christmas last year. This is a water makeup remover and cleanser which can be used on the eyes and face and is suitable for all skin types. I tried this once and then left it until I finished my other eye make up remover. I have tried this on my face but I'm not a very big fan of how it felt on my skin however, it did remove my makeup well but a little force was needed to ensure that all of it was removed. I have very sensitive eyes and was worried that this would sting but it felt absolutely fine and is the best remover for eye make up that I have tried. This removes all of my mascara and eyeliner very easily and without using much product or force.

Taaj claims for this to be both purifying and revitalizing and I definitely agree with this claim. I know I previously mentioned that I don't like to use this on my face but it is very cooling and refreshing on my eyes and doesn't cause me any pain or sensitivity.

The Taaj water is available online on the Joliebox (now Birchbox) website for roughly £16 here and on the Amazon for roughly £22.05 here. Both websites sell a 500ml bottle which will last you AGES! I have had mine since Christmas last year and still have more than one third of the product left so it is definitely worth the price. Bioderma is now available in the UK so I'm thinking of trying that out to see the comparison. You can find Bioderma in some independent pharmacies and online from the Escentual website here.

Have you tried any micellar waters? What did you think?
Instagram  ~  Pinterest  ~  Bloglovin  ~  Facebook  ~  Twitter
Share:

4 comments

  1. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative then try the loreal micellar water :) I've just reviewed it and can't recommend it enough - it's so affordable too! Lovely blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that online recently but haven't heard much about it so thank you Ame!:) and thankyou:) xxx

      Delete
  2. I have just bought my second bottle of this and still love it. I use it to remove my makeup before cleansing in the evening. Definetly want to try bioderma also to see the diffrence, let me know if you have also reviewed bioderma. Cute blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just bought my second bottle of this and still love it. I use it to remove my makeup before cleansing in the evening. Definetly want to try bioderma also to see the diffrence, let me know if you have also reviewed bioderma. Cute blog x

    ReplyDelete

© Molly Louise | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig